I’ve been a crafter my whole life. I love to buy new craft toys, play at Michael’s, Hobby Lobby or Joann Fabric… The Internet changed my crafting life by exposing me to new ways of seeing and doing things.
This is it – the key to doing home repair. I just have to look at it the same way I look at crafting. Here’s what I found:
1. doing home repairs give me an excuse to buy new tools and play with new materials.
2. If you think of Home Depot as just another craft store, it’s way less threatening. It even has a cutting station, just like Joann.
3. Google anything, anything at all – you’ll find somebody on the Internet showing you how to do it.
4. Crafters have that “it’s more fun to do it myself” mentality. Just like home handypeople!
5. Doing my own home repairs takes advantage of my artistic ability, too. My heart just sang when I read that good grouting is more about artisitic ability than home repair skill. YES!
See ya later – I’m off to Home Depot (again!).